Planning a Trip
Use the Transit App to plan a trip with real-time bus locations and the most accurate and up-to-date schedule information.
Buses will stop for passengers waiting at Advance Transit bus stop signs. Flag stops are permitted east of Lebanon Junior High School on U.S. Route 4. Refer to our interactive service map or contact the AT office at (802) 295-1824 for additional stop information.
Rides on all Advance Transit buses are FREE. You can ride any Advance Transit bus as far and as often as you wish without paying a fare.
Read more about our Free Fare Policy.
Please inform your driver if you need help entering or exiting the bus, using the ramp or lift, securing a mobility device, or something else.
Please tell the driver as you are boarding if you will need to transfer to another bus.
Every Advance Transit vehicle is equipped with a rack that is capable of carrying two bicycles. Watch this short video for information on how to use the bike rack.
Bicycles that weigh over 55 lbs or that have tires wider than 2.3″ are not compatible with our bike racks and are not permitted. No bicycles are allowed inside the bus.
Exiting the Bus
Remember to pull the yellow cord on the bus to request a stop.
Rider Code of Conduct
- HAZARDOUS MATERIALS are PROHIBITED ON THE BUS. This includes FIREARMS, ITEMS with exposed CUTTING EDGES and FLAMMABLES.
- Please REMAIN SEATED while bus is moving. STAY SAFE!
- DO NOT CROSS IN FRONT OF BUS after disembarking!
- ANIMALS must be in an approved carrier, unless they are a genuine service animal (driver has more information).
- BICYCLES are not allowed inside the bus.
- STROLLERS, WALKERS, CARTS etc. must be folded when driver requests you to do so.
- FOOD & DRINK: All drinks must have covers/caps/lids. Messes made by eating on the bus are not tolerated.
- Dispose of all TRASH in wastebasket, please.
- SHOES & SHIRTS are required.
- Please keep FEET off the seats.
- SMOKING (including VAPOR and E CIGS) is prohibited. Please do not bring 2nd hand smoke into the bus.
- If you are under the influence of ALCOHOL or DRUGS, we do not want you on our bus!
- We do not tolerate BULLYING or HARASSMENT of any kind.
- Loitering (“RIDING AROUND”) on the bus is not permitted.
- PANHANDLING & SOLICITING is not allowed on the bus or at Bus Stops.
- Each time that you board, it is important that you give the driver your FINAL DESTINATION. As the bus approaches your stop please ACTIVATE THE “STOP REQUEST”. Help us help you!
- If you believe you have LOST something on one of our buses please CALL THE OFFICE @ 802-295-1824 EXT. 203
This is not a complete list of RULES. If you have questions, you may call us @ 802-295-1824 ext 203. IN ALL CASES, YOUR BUS DRIVERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CARE OF THE BUS AND ITS PASSENGERS….ALL RIDERS ARE EXPECTED TO FOLLOW THEIR DRIVER’S DIRECTIONS.