A Mission Driven Organization
Advance Transit (AT) is a not-for-profit charitable organization providing fare-free transit in Vermont and New Hampshire.
Our mission is to assure the continued livability and accessibility of Upper Valley communities by providing safe, effective, and friendly public transportation services.
We are committed to the following goals:
- Increase access to jobs and housing
- Connect people to healthcare, shopping, schools, and other community resources
- Expand mobility for people with disabilities
- Help senior citizens participate fully in their communities
- Provide an appealing alternative to driving
- Reduce traffic congestion
- Manage parking demand
- Operate a sustainable service
Fare-Free Transit for the Community
Rides on all Advance Transit bus routes in Vermont and New Hampshire are free, thanks to contributions from Upper Valley towns, Dartmouth College, and the Dartmouth Health Medical Center, as well as donations from members of our community, including riders.
Why fare-free? This free service is part of a broader effort to:
- Give broader access to transit for the community
- Decrease traffic congestion
- Reduce local and regional air pollution
- Reduce parking demand
- Create a more efficient and timely boarding process
If you want to support Advance Transit’s mission of providing fare-free transit to the Upper Valley, please considering donating today.
Join our team! Advance Transit is hiring. Learn more at our Careers page.
Advance Transit’s Board of Directors is a dedicated group of volunteers that are helping to lead the Upper Valley’s fare-free local transit system forward! Learn more at our Governance page.