Public Transportation Saves Money
- A household can save nearly $10,000 by getting rid of one car and taking the bus instead.
- New Hampshire and Vermont drivers spend more than $1 BILLION annually on fuel and most of those dollars leave the state.
Public Transportation Reduces Gasoline Consumption
- Public transportation saves Americans 4.2 billion gallons of gasoline annually.
Public Transportation Is Better for the Environment
- Communities that invest in public transit reduce the nation’s carbon emissions by 37 million metric tons annually
Public Transportation Is Safer Than Automobile Travel
- Traveling by bus is 10 times safer per mile than traveling by automobile.
Public Transportation Boosts the Economy
- Every $1 invested in public transportation generates $4 in economic returns.
|Moving the Upper Valley Forward