Interested in a career at Advance Transit?
Advance Transit currently employs individuals year-round in a variety of positions. Those positions include:
- Fixed Route Bus Driver (CDL required)
- Para-Transit Bus/Van Driver (CDL not required)
- Diesel Mechanic
- Fleet & facility maintenance
- Dispatch/Customer Service
Advance Transit is an equal opportunity employer in the Upper Valley that prides itself in providing a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation, and one of the best benefits packages in the area.
- We provide paid training to acquire your Commercial Driver’s License.
- No weekends and major holidays. No overnight shifts.
- We have a new LEED certified building.
- Our fleet of thirty-three (33) buses and shuttle vans are new and well maintained and turned over regularly. They all are fueled with the new highly efficient and clean burning diesel engines.
- We are well managed and have federal, state and community oversight for the organization.
- Our employees enjoy their work at Advance Transit. They are proud to be providing such an important public service. Our turnover of staff is minimal. Many of our employees have ten or more years with Advance Transit.
- We provide competitive pay rates to make sure we retain high quality staff.
- Advance Transit supports a positive work life and family life balance.
Our Benefits Program
- Advance Transit values the health of our employees and their families. Advance Transit pays 80% of the Gold CDHP healthcare premium for the employee and family member’s coverage. Employees have a choice of a Gold CDHP plan with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont or MVP Healthcare.
- 77%-80% of the deductible for healthcare is covered by a generous employer contribution of $2,500 a year to an employee owned Health Savings Account (HSA) for the employee and an additional $2,500 a year for dependents on the health plan.
- Employer paid Short-term and Long-term disability insurance coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Advance Transit pays for 50% of the employee and family cost of a gym and wellness facility membership at Upper Valley Aquatics Center.
Advance Transit supports work life balance.
- Paid vacation starts accruing at date of hire with 16 vacation days in Year 1 through Year 5 and up to 24 vacation days after 11 years of employment at Advance Transit.
- Six (6) Paid Holidays a year.
- Eight (8) paid sick days a year.
Advance Transit takes care of employees and families:
- No late night shifts. No weekends. No over-night shifts.
- Paid Memberships at BJs Wholesale club and Montshire Museum of Science.
- Financial Planning Services for employee and family.
- Employer contribution of 50% of cost towards a gym membership at Upper Valley Aquatics Center.
- Employee Assistance Program and hotline for referrals, coaching, counseling and more.
- 403(b) plan with an employer matching contribution of 25% up to 5% of employee’s deferral.
- Life insurance for the employee of 1x salary, with additional Voluntary life products available.
If you are interested in a career in the transportation industry, we want to hear from you. We may not have an immediate opening but when we do, we make it a point to reach out to all individuals that have expressed an interest in Advance Transit. We keep applications on file.
If you can identify with the Advance Transit Statement of Values listed below and you are interested in employment at Advance Transit now or in the future, please email Human Resources @ firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the “Apply Here” button below
Advance Transit Statement of Values:
- Service– we distinguish ourselves by how thoughtfully we treat our riders
- Partnership – we work with public and private partners for a regional transportation network
- Dependability- we are there when we are needed
- Sustainability-we improve the environment of the Upper Valley
- Accessibility-our services minimize physical and economic barriers
- Respect-we maintain open and honest relationships with each other through communication and humility
- Trust-we are confident we can rely upon each other every day
- Teamwork-everyone is valued, included and participates in the success of AT
- Accountability-we have high expectations and standards for our work and our colleagues’ work
- Creativity-we encourage innovation, embracing new ideas to better serve the community
To Assure the Continued Viability and Accessibility of Upper Valley Communities by Providing Safe, Effective, and Friendly Public Transportation Services.
“Moving the Upper Valley Forward”